Awkward True Stories of Meeting a Girlfriend's Father For the First Time

It is inevitable: If you go out with a girl long enough and are getting serious, you're gonna have to meet her family at some point. Most of us can deal with an eccentric uncle, a suspicious brother or even a jealous mother, but who can bear the protective dad who's convinced you're deflowering his daughter (or at least planning to)?





You know he's got a shotgun hidden somewhere in his house and he's itching for a chance to use it. Believe it or not, there are people out there who've had first encounters that are worse than yours. Here they are...


"He's just messing with you!"

Brandon was watching a movie over at his girlfriend's house, and she fell asleep on his lap. Nothing was going on; it was completely innocent...


 
Pictured: nothing going on: - a completely innocent scenario



But then her Dad, whom he’d never met, came home, flung open the door, and shouted, "What the hell is going on in here?" For a minute, Brandon sat there, scared stiff — until his girlfriend woke up and said, "Oh, he's just messing with you." Later, both of her parents came down and said hello. They were quite nice.



"Please fill out this application"

For years, Alanna and her parents had joked about meeting her first boyfriend. When she found herself with a guy, they put their plans into action. Her dad placed a baseball bat, an axe, and a rifle in strategic locations around the living room. When her boyfriend arrived, daddio sat him down on the couch and had him fill out an application... 
 
 
 
"Don't forget to fill in the sexual relations section on the back"
 
 
 
 
Alanna's mother and her laughed quietly in the kitchen. He was a good sport and answered the questions to her father's satisfaction. Then they had a lovely dinner. He left with the parents' blessing.
 
 
 
"Hi. I'm Short"
 
"I was dating a girl named Dani in high school, and the first thing she said to me before I met her parents was, "My dad's kind of sensitive about his height, so don't like, wear boots or anything when you meet him." Naturally, when I went to meet him, I wore Chuck Taylors, because this guy was short. Like, 5'4". I'm 5'8", not exactly Shaq, but also tall enough to have him lose the dad-intimidation factor. That is, until he said, "I'm Tom," and I said, "Hi, I'm Short." Might have been able to play it off by telling him my middle name was "Round" and that my parents were big fans of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but I didn't react swiftly enough. Needless to say, not a lot of dinners at Dani's house were in my immediate future." - Alex
 
 
 
"You won't believe what that prick then said to me in front of my daughter"
 
 
 
Meeting For the First Time - Again
 
 
Dan had actually known his girlfriend's parents for his entire life — they were friends of his parents. But it wasn’t until the second he started dating her that he “met” them. Everything changed. He started to act weird around them, and they reciprocated. There's something about shaking hands with a man who's daughter you're routinely snogging. What had previously been a friendly relationship turned into stony silence every time he saw them. And it didn’t get better when they broke up.
 
 
 
 
compared to Dan's case, these guys are best buddies
 


Comments

Popular Posts